The Election Commission constituted for the AROI WB Elections 2021 is pleased to notify the filing of Nominations for Elections to the various posts to constitute the new Executive Committee of the Association as mentioned below : Click here to read Notice.
Click to read
1. The following timelines for conducting the Election process has been decided as mentioned below :
Nominations can be started to be filed ONLINE on and from the date of posting i.e. today - the 6th of September, 2021 (Monday).
The 15th of September, 2021 (Wednesday) is the last date for submitting nominations.
The 22nd of September, 2021 (Wednesday) is the date for final scrutiny of nominations.
The 29th of September 2021 (Wednesday) is the last date for withdrawal of candidatures.
A period of 4th of October 2021 (Monday) to 9th of October 2021 (Friday) (till 11:59 hrs), as the dates on which the E voting will be done, if necessary.
The 31st of October 2021 (Sunday), shall be the last date before which the entire election process shall have to be completed and the results announced.
2. Elections shall be held for the following posts –
|Sl no.||Name of the Post||Number of posts||Eligibility Criteria*|
|1||President||1||15 years of continuous Life Membership of AROI and Completed Post Graduate Qualification|
|2||Vice President||2||12 years of continuous Life Membership of AROI and Completed Post Graduate Qualification|
|3||Secretary||1||10 years of continuous Life Membership of AROI and Completed Post Graduate Qualification|
|4||Joint Secretary||2||8 years of continuous Life Membership of AROI and Completed Post Graduate Qualification|
|5||Treasurer||1||5 years of continuous Life Membership of AROI and Completed Post Graduate Qualification|
|6||Assistant Treasurer||1||3 years of continuous Life Membership of AROI and Completed Post Graduate Qualification|
|7||Member Executive Committee||7||3 years of continuous Life Membership of AROI and Completed Post Graduate Qualification|
3. Additional Eligibility Criteria :
a. The candidate MUST be eligible for voting in this election and his/her name should be in the Final Electors’ List.
b. The candidate MUST be residing in West Bengal, India at the time of filing of the nominations.
c. For the posts mentioned in serial numbers 1 to 4 above (namely for the Posts of President, Vice President, Secretary and Joint Secretary) the candidate MUST have been an elected member of the Executive Committee at least for one full term to be eligible for filing nominations to the post.
d. Nominations can be submitted for a single post only upholding the principle of one person one post.
4. Nominations are to be filed ONLINE in prescribed format by filling the Google Form which is being mailed and is accessible also from the Association website www.aroiwb.org . In the form, names and valid mail ids of one Proposer and one Seconder (both Life Members of AROI WB eligible to vote as per rules), have to be submitted.
5. Along with this an Online Transfer (NEFT) of a non refundable amount of INR 1180/- [inclusive of 18% GST] only for posts of President, Vice President, Secretary & Treasurer and INR 590/- [ inclusive of 18% GST] only for the other posts must be remitted in favour of “Association of Radiation Oncologists of India, West Bengal Chapter”.
Bank Transfer details :
Payee name : ASSOCIATION OF RADIATION ONCOLOGISTS OF INDIA AROI WB CHAPTER
Account No. : 0152101053360
Bank : Canara Bank
Branch : Bowbazar branch, Kolkata
IFSC : CNRB0000152
6. The candidate will be issued a provisional acknowledgement by mail at time of submission by/on behalf of the Election Commissioners and a final acknowledgement (confirmation of receipt of nomination) upon receipt of all aspects of nomination as mentioned above. The Office of the Election Commissioner will NOT receive any nominations other than in the above prescribed format and after the closure of the last date of filing of nominations nor can be held responsible for any delay / non compliance in the nomination filing process due to whatever reasons.
7. Any decision regarding the conduct of polls by the Election Commission shall be final and binding for all the stakeholders.
Prof Subir Gangopadhyay , Chief Election Commissioner
Prof Shyamal Kumar Sarkar , Election Commissioner
Dr Gautam Bhattacharjee , Election Commissioner