Dated 17. 10. 2023
Whereas, the Election Commission of the Association of Radiation Oncologists’ of India, West Bengal Chapter (hereinafter referred as AROI WB Chapter) has, under rules and by laws of the AROI WB Chapter Constitution, been pleased to call upon each of the eligible Life Members of the AROI WB to elect the members of the new Executive Committee of the AROI WB Chapter, subject to the rules and orders thereunder
1. Timelines for the Election process to be held in 2023 shall be as mentioned below :
Nominations to be filed ONLINE from 25th of October, 2023 (Wednesday).
The 5th of November, 2023 (Sunday) till 23:59 hrs shall be the last date for submitting nominations.
The 11th of November, 2023 (Saturday) till 23:59 hrs shall be the date for final scrutiny of nominations.
The 16th of November, 2023 (Thursday) till 23:59 hrs shall be the last date for withdrawal of candidatures.
It may be noted that request for withdrawal must come only from the personal mail ID of the concerned candidate which is available in the Association records. The amount paid during nomination process shall stand forfeited, in case of the withdrawal.
The 18th of November, 2023 (Saturday) shall be the date for the publication of the Final Candidate List
A period of 20th of November, 2023 (Monday) to 26th of November, 2023 (Sunday) till 23:59 hrs, shall be the dates on which the E voting will be done, if necessary..
Electronic counting of votes and Declaration of results of E voting (if necessary) shall be done on any date after completion of the voting process, as chosen by the Election Commissioners.
The 31st of December 2023 (Sunday), shall be the last date before which the entire election process shall have to be completed and the results announced.
2. Elections shall be held for the following posts –
|Sl no.||Name of the Post||Number of posts||Eligibility Criteria*|
|1||President||1||15 years of continuous Life Membership of AROI and Member of Executive Committee for at least one term|
|2||Vice President||2||12 years of continuous Life Membership of AROI and Member of Executive Committee for at least one term.|
|3||Secretary||1||10 years of continuous Life Membership of AROI and Member of Executive Committee for at least one term.|
|4||Joint Secretary||2||8 years of continuous Life Membership of AROI.|
|5||Treasurer||1||8 years of continuous Life Membership of AROI.|
|6||Assistant Treasurer||1||6 years of continuous Life Membership of AROI.|
|7||Member Executive Committee||7||3 years of continuous Life Membership of AROI.|
3. Additional Eligibility Criteria :
The candidate MUST be eligible for voting in this election and his/her name should be in the Final Voters’ / Electors’ List (put up on the Website).
The candidate MUST be residing in West Bengal, India at the time of filing of the nominations.
Nominations can be submitted for a single post only upholding the principle of one person one post.
4. Nominations are to be filed ONLINE in prescribed format on the Association website www.aroiwb.org. In the form, names and valid mail ids of one Proposer and one Seconder (both Life Members of AROI WB eligible to vote as per rules), have to be submitted.
The candidate must also submit a short Curriculum Vitae along with the nomination by mail to email@example.com within the stipulated date i.e. 5th of November, 2023 (Sunday)
5. Along with this an Online Transfer (NEFT) of a non refundable amount of INR 2360/- [inclusive of 18% GST] only for posts of President, Vice President, Secretary & Treasurer and INR 1180/-[ inclusive of 18% GST] only for the other posts must be remitted in favour of “Association of Radiation Oncologists of India, West Bengal Chapter” .
Bank Transfer details :
Payee name : ASSOCIATION OF RADIATION ONCOLOGISTS OF INDIA AROI WB CHAPTER
Account No. : 0152101053360
Bank : Canara Bank
Branch : Bowbazar branch, Kolkata
IFSC : CNRB0000152
6. The candidate will be issued a provisional acknowledgement by mail at time of submission by/on behalf of the Election Commissioners and a final acknowledgement (confirmation of receipt of nomination) upon receipt of all aspects of nomination as mentioned above. The Office of the Election Commissioner will NOT receive any nominations other than in the above prescribed format and after the closure of the last date of filing of nominations nor can be held responsible for any delay / non compliance in the nomination filing process due to whatever reasons.
7. Any decision regarding the conduct of polls by the Election Commission shall be final and binding for all the stakeholders.
Prof. Subir Gangopadhyay
Chief Election Commissioner
Prof. Shyamal Kumar Sarkar
Dr. Gautam Bhattacharjee